- This event has passed.
Deadline to enter Student Poetry Contest
Black Hawk College is celebrating its 75th anniversary in 2021 and is hosting a Student Poetry Contest as part of the celebration. All students are invited to participate!
- Theme – “What education means to me.”
- The poetry contest is open to any Black Hawk College student taking a minimum of three credit hours and currently enrolled for Fall 2021.
- One entry per student.
- Poetry can be written in any poetic style.
- A majority of the poem should be written in English.
- A poem should include at minimum five (5) lines.
- Language should be appropriate for all audiences.
- By submitting your entry, you grant Black Hawk College the right to use your submission for promotional, advertising and other purposes by the college. Your poem will be included in the Voices magazine.
- The contest winner will be announced Tuesday, Oct. 12, 2021. The winner will receive a BHC gift basket and a $50 Visa gift card.
- A panel of judges consisting of English faculty, staff and students will score the entries.
- The chosen poem will be read by the author at the 75th Anniversary Celebration event at 2 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 19, 2021.
Poems must be submitted online.
The submission deadline is 11:59 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 22, 2021. Poems received after Sept. 22 will not be accepted.
For questions or more information, contact Heather Bennett at firstname.lastname@example.org.