Following the safety guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) and the Restore Illinois Plan, Black Hawk College continues to be committed to providing students with the best possible learning experience under the circumstances. We believe the steps we are taking will provide the structure necessary for students to achieve their academic goals and the flexibility needed to adapt as circumstances change.
For questions regarding COVID-19, testing and current information, please contact Nikki Rumburg: firstname.lastname@example.org
Vaccination card submission form
Students and employees can submit their vaccination cards using the form in myBlackHawk.
COVID-19 GUIDANCE SUMMARY
Classrooms (during instruction) – Social distance of three (3) feet may be utilized in classroom settings to increase in-person instruction and masks may be required (see below) while in the classrooms for instruction (this applies to both vaccinated and non-vaccinated individuals)
Masks – The College has adjusted its indoor mask mandate effective February 28, 2022. As you know Governor Pritzker’s press conference earlier this month included a change in mask mandates. In response to that masks will no longer be required, although they are highly encouraged, on BHC campus locations and facilities.
There are a few exceptions.
- Faculty may require masks in classrooms and labs at their discretion.
- Faculty and staff who come in close proximity (3 feet or less) with students and others may professionally request a mask be worn. However, this is not a mandate, just professional courtesy.
- Face masks must be worn in all BHC SHIELD IL testing sites for testers, employees and students.
We understand members of our campus community may have different comfort levels and make different choices regarding wearing masks. We respect the rights of individual who choose to continue to wear a face mask while in any indoor space. Likewise, we ask that everyone respect the request of students, faculty and staff if they ask you to wear a face mask while meeting in an office, classroom or conference room.
Please note that Gov. Pritzker’s announcement applies only to masking policy. His executive order requiring that all students, faculty and staff at educational institutions must either be vaccinated or submit to weekly testing remains in place and we will continue to follow that policy.
Screening – Employees and students will be required to self-screen, monitor and report any symptoms or risk factors each time campus access is sought. Employees and students will be required to read the current COVID-19 Response Administrative Guideline and sign off on the COVID-19 Certification at the start of each semester or school term, which confirms the individual agrees to report symptoms, positive tests or other risk factors.
COVID-19 Testing (SHIELD Illinois Testing)
- Routine testing will be utilized to target higher-risk activities or groups on campus. The College may modify the use of testing at any time as it continues to monitor local conditions, transmission rates and College circumstances.
SHIELD TESTING LOCATIONS AND TIMES:
Summer testing schedule:
5/31/2022 - 6/30/2022
Building 3, Room 309
Tuesdays from 6:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
**CLOSED 11:00-11:30 FOR LUNCH**
Building 4, Room 107
Wednesdays from 6:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
**CLOSED 11:00-11:30 FOR LUNCH**
An employee or student may be required to submit to testing in order to access campus as directed by the College.
Antigen tests are available for pick up. Please contact Nikki Rumburg at email@example.com for more information.
For weekly testing if not vaccinated against COVID-19 or re-entry protocols (after quarantine):
1. Complete the test. Follow the directions in the box carefully.
2. Take a picture of the test, include your full name and test date in the photo.
3. Email photo to one of the following: Students -- COVIDstudents@bhc.edu Employees -- COVIDemployees@bhc.edu
4. Three things should be in the email:
· Picture of the test (including full name and test date).
· Your full name written on the test or on a piece of paper by the test.
· The date the test was taken (month, day, year such as: June 2, 2022 or 6/2/22).
Also, please put in the subject if this is a weekly compliance submission.
Questions or Concerns?
COVID and CRISIS Project Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
Risk Factor Reporting and Contact Tracing
- Employees, students and visitors are required to report any and all risk factors regardless of vaccination status.
- Risk factors include:
- Positive COVID test result (or awaiting a test result);
- Experiencing symptoms of COVID;
- Has been directed to quarantine or isolate by a health official;
- Known exposure to COVID individual.
- Any other reason one may believe they have been infected with COVID-19.
- Known risk factors can be reported to the Contact Tracer:
Lounge and Study Areas Throughout the College
- The College will modify furniture and markings to provide a more open, accessible campus while continuing to require social distancing consistent with state and federal guidelines.
- The College will continue to use signage to remind those on campus of masking and social distancing mandates indoors and in these areas.
Information regarding the coronavirus, tips for good health and other warnings may be found on the Illinois Department of Public Health website or the Centers for Disease Control website. The CDC has published an informational document covering Facts about COVID-19 vaccines (PDF).
A list of local health, housing, food, clothing and other resources is available in the BHC Community Resources Guide.
Be proactive during this time and stay informed. The coronavirus situation is ever evolving and your best defense is to practice good health habits. We also encourage our college community to be supportive and speak out against negative and stigmatizing behavior.
QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS?
Employees with questions should contact:
Director of Human Resources
Students with questions should contact:
Dr. Amy Maxeiner
Vice President for Instruction