Following the safety guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) and the Restore Illinois Plan, Black Hawk College continues to be committed to providing students with the best possible learning experience under the circumstances. We believe the steps we are taking will provide the structure necessary for students to achieve their academic goals and the flexibility needed to adapt as circumstances change.
For questions regarding COVID-19, testing and current information, please contact Nikki Rumburg: firstname.lastname@example.org
Vaccination card submission form
Students and employees can submit their vaccination cards using the form in myBlackHawk.
Risk Factor Reporting and Contact Tracing
- Employees, students and visitors are required to report any and all risk factors regardless of vaccination status.
- Risk factors include:
- Positive COVID test result (or awaiting a test result);
- Experiencing symptoms of COVID;
- Has been directed to quarantine or isolate by a health official;
- Known exposure to COVID individual.
- Any other reason one may believe they have been infected with COVID-19.
- Known risk factors can be reported to the Contact Tracer:
Masks – The College has adjusted its indoor mask mandate effective February 28, 2022. As you know Governor Pritzker’s press conference earlier this month included a change in mask mandates. In response to that masks will no longer be required, although they are highly encouraged, on BHC campus locations and facilities.
There are a few exceptions.
- Faculty may require masks in classrooms and labs at their discretion.
- Faculty and staff who come in close proximity (3 feet or less) with students and others may professionally request a mask be worn. However, this is not a mandate, just professional courtesy.
We understand members of our campus community may have different comfort levels and make different choices regarding wearing masks. We respect the rights of individual who choose to continue to wear a face mask while in any indoor space. Likewise, we ask that everyone respect the request of students, faculty and staff if they ask you to wear a face mask while meeting in an office, classroom or conference room.
Screening – Employees and students will be required to self-screen, monitor and report any symptoms or risk factors each time campus access is sought.
Testing – There are at home antigen tests available for pickup in different locations and we will be adding more in the upcoming weeks.
- Quad City Campus
- Outside the Police Department in Building 3
- Outside Office B15B, located in the balcony of building 1.
- Welcome desk (building 1)
- Hawks Nest
- East Campus
- Outside the kitchen (located by Police Department, Building 1)
- Outreach Center
- Please see staff at location for testing placement
Questions or Concerns?
COVID and CRISIS Project Manager email@example.com
Information regarding the coronavirus, tips for good health and other warnings may be found on the Illinois Department of Public Health website or the Centers for Disease Control website. The CDC has published an informational document covering Facts about COVID-19 vaccines (PDF).
A list of local health, housing, food, clothing and other resources is available in the BHC Community Resources Guide.
Be proactive during this time and stay informed. The coronavirus situation is ever evolving and your best defense is to practice good health habits. We also encourage our college community to be supportive and speak out against negative and stigmatizing behavior.
QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS?
Employees with questions should contact:
Director of Human Resources
Students with questions should contact:
Dr. Amy Maxeiner
Vice President for Instruction