Community colleges serve segments of the population many four-year institutions don’t with a broad offering of short-term career degree and certificate programs as well as non-credit courses. Black Hawk College is no different. In addition to more than 60 career and certificate programs, students can access the start to a better life through programs such as ESL, adult education, and a wide range of classes for the lifelong learner.
Black Hawk College has also developed relationships and agreements with colleges and universities throughout the Midwest to ensure our students can seamlessly transfer to the school of their choice to continue their education.
Through active partnering with area business, industry and organizations, Black Hawk College identifies programs to meet the needs of employers and the communities we serve. For example, we recently launched Surgical Technology, Court Reporting and Cybersecurity programs. And there are more programs in the works!
As the pace of change continues to accelerate, we will look for opportunities to innovate and lead. The newly-established IGNITE program illustrates this. A six-course, modular advanced manufacturing program, IGNITE blends career explorations, creative learning and skill development.
There’s a lot going on at Black Hawk College! We invite you to learn more about us through the information and links provide below.
- Strategic Plan 2022-2024 (PDF)
- Leadership Team
- Accreditation Information
- Fiscal Year 2023 Budget (PDF)
- Fiscal Year 2022 Annual Report (PDF)
- District-Wide Facilities Master Plan 2021 (PDF)
- Our Neighborhood (PDF)
The search for the next president of Black Hawk College results from the retirement of Tim Wynes, J.D. President Wynes joined the College in 2018 after serving in similar roles at community colleges in Iowa and Minnesota.
The committee is led by co-chairs and BHC trustees Jon Looney and Doug Strand. They are joined by a diverse group of 14 employees, students, business partners and community members. With assistance from the Pauly Group, Trustees Looney and Strand will lead the committee thought the process of identifying semifinal candidates and the selection of finalists.
Search Committee Members
- Jon Looney | Black Hawk College Trustee & Search Committee Co-Chair
- Doug Strand | Black Hawk College Trustee & Search Committee Co-Chair
- Arnie Chavera | Director of Athletics & Community Recreation
- Barb Courville | Associate Dean of Adult and Continuing Education
- Maya Davis | Environmental Science Student
- Jon DeLoose | Black Hawk College Police Sergeant
- Brandon Hall | East Campus Foundation / Agronomy Operations Manager, West Central FS
- Dan Hoge | Adjunct Instructor, Animal Sciences
- Jen Holldorf | Disability Services Coordinator
- Renae Just | Academic Service Center Office Assistant
- Mike Komnick | Kewanee City Council Member / Martin Engineering Global IT Manager
- Betsy McKnight Latko | Adjunct Instructor of English / Adjunct Union Vice Chair
- Carol Lewis | Vice President, Labor Relations, John Deere
- Torria Norman | Chair, English, Reading & Communication / Faculty Mentor Coordinator
- Lauren Rogan | History Student
- Greg Ryckaert | Senior Principal / Client Executive, IMEG Corp
- Isaac Stewart | Assistant Professor of Biology / IFT Faculty Union President
Interview Schedule and Timeline
- December 2022-February 2023 – Applicant recruitment
- February 6, 2023 – Final day to apply
- Mid-February 2023 – Search committee identifies semifinalists
- Late-February 2023 – Semifinalist interviews conducted and finalists selected by search committee
- March 2023 – Finalists on campus for interviews with trustees, employees and community members
- March/April 2023 – Board of Trustees identifies successful candidate
- Summer 2023 – Next Black Hawk College president begins term
For More Information
Please direct all confidential inquiries and nominations to the college’s search consultant:
Dr. Angela Provart
President, Pauly Group Inc.
3901 Wood Duck Dr., Suite E
Springfield, IL 62711