Girls and boys up to age 14 who have completed Level 4 Swim Lessons
$60 for six classes
FINS MUST BE PURCHASED BEFORE CLASS BEGINS!
Please check the sizing guides on either website before purchasing a tail. A proper fit is a safe fit. These tails do stretch when wet, so if a tail is too big, the swimmer will be unable to safely perform all the activities in this class.
Tails can be purchased from a variety of online merchandisers, but we prefer the tails from The2Tails.com. We have tried these tails and they have the best deal overall. These tails have a monofin that is already installed in the tail. Another online tail retailer that has very good reviews is FinFunMermaid.com. Fin Fun tails have an option to purchase a tail with or without a monofin. Please purchase the tail with the monofin if purchasing from Fin Fun. The monofin is what propels the swimmer through the water.
RULES AND INFORMATION:
- Never use a monofin by yourself. Always have an adult or lifeguard nearby.
- Learn how to take off monofin while in the water in case of an emergency.
- Learn how to go into a safety float in case of an emergency.
- Keeps legs together (makes swimmer faster/more streamlined).
- Pointed toes (ensures a full range of motion and follow through with kick).
- Building off the dolphin kick to utilize a full-body (fluid) motion starting from upper body to toes.
- Swim through sunken hoops at various depths. Drill will build lung and general endurance.
- Proper form (pointed toes and legs stay together/straight).
- Kickboard drills.
- Backflips and front flips while using arms and maintaining proper form.
- Underwater swimming – tummy/side/back.
Proper breath holding:
- The more you practice, the longer you can hold your breath.
- Bubble hearts and rings.
Registration temporarily closed.