Brian Arnold was raised on a diversified grain and livestock farm in Liberty Center, IN, where he became actively involved in 4-H and FFA. After graduating from Southern Wells High School, Arnold chose to attend Black Hawk College East Campus. During his time at BHC, he was a member of the livestock judging team and served as an officer for the Agribusiness Club. After graduating with an Associate of Science in the Ag Transfer program, Arnold transferred to Purdue University where he continued to compete on the livestock judging team. He graduated with a bachelor’s degree in animal–agribusiness in 2005. Upon graduation, Arnold returned to Black Hawk College where he served as the ag business instructor and co-livestock judging coach for the next six years. He also served as advisor for the Agribusiness Club.
Today Arnold is the Vice President of Member Outreach & Youth Development at the National Swine Registry in West Lafayette, IN, where he serves as an industry advocate, representing NSR at events and conferences across the U.S. In this position, Arnold provides leadership over NSR shows and sales, the marketing and communications department. He also leads the National Junior Swine Association in its mission to enhance educational opportunities and develop leadership skills with its more than 13,000 members. Furthermore, Arnold has judged youth swine shows across the U.S. He believes the opportunities he has been provided are directly related to the network that was developed through his involvement with Black Hawk College.
Brian and his wife Molly live in Otterbein, IN, with their two sons, Reece and Dawson. They enjoy spending time together with their families and attending Purdue University sporting events.
Go check out the Ag Alumni on the BHC East Aggie Alumni Facebook page!
Help find lost alumni
Try as we might, it is an enormous task to keep updated addresses for the hundreds of BHE ag graduates. You, as fellow alumni, are our best resource when it comes to tracking down current addresses (and sometimes name changes) for your classmates and friends. If you know the current address of anyone on this list, please e-mail it to: email@example.com. We would like to communicate Ag Alumni activities to them.
ABCA funds help support student learning and needs on East Campus
FY 2016 the Agri-Business Club Alumni board of directors approved funding for the following grants, projects and events:
- Agriculture Recognition Banquet
- Intercollegiate Horse Show Association (IHSA) semi-finals
- Mechanics program tool updates
- Future Alumnus Award
- New Veterinary Sciences Building (10 microscopes)
FY 2015 the Agri-Business Club Alumni board of directors approved funding for the following grants, projects and events:
- Fall Work Experience Banquet
- NACTA tabulation equipment
- Agriculture Recognition Banquet
- Agriculture Ambassador Program
FY 2014 the Agri-Business Club Alumni board of directors approved funding for the following projects and initiatives:
- Scan Tool (Jason Grice/Auto Mech)
- 2 Video Cameras (Donna Irvin/Equine)
FY 2013 the Agri-Business Club Alumni board of directors approved funding for the following projects and initiatives:
- Ag Alumni Mugs (recruiting)
- FFA Convention Items (recruiting)
FY 2012 the Agri-Business Club Alumni board of directors approved funding for the following projects and initiatives:
- Farm Progress Show bus
- BHE Invitational
- Equine Fund Raiser
- Ag Plaque
At the September 2011 meeting, the Agri-Business Club Alumni board of directors approved funding for the following projects and initiatives:
- Covering the cost of a bus to take students to the Farm Progress Show in Decatur, Ill.
- Donating funds to pay for the band at the equine fundraising Boot Scootin’ Barn Dance and BBQ
- Paying for the awards at the BHE Livestock Judging Contest
At its March 2010 meeting, the Agri-Business Club Alumni board of directors approved funding for the following projects and initiatives:
- Installing wireless Internet access point in the Ag Arena to enable students and instructors to access online resources and materials
- Purchasing new projection unit for Room 2-107, a computer lab used by ag faculty
- Purchasing a piano key for the college’s new piano in an effort to support a college-wide initiative
- Providing an annual donation to the Illinois FFA Foundation
Thank you for your past help and support.
For questions or to submit news and information, please contact the Ag Alumni Mailbox.
Last updated 10/7/2016