Tuition cost per credit hour:
|Current Tuition Rates||
View total tuition cost based on total credits enrolled.
|Residency location||Cost per 1 credit hour|
|Within District 503||$149|
|Outside District 503 (Illinois resident)||$250|
|Iowa student living in Clinton, Louisa, Muscatine or Scott counties, IA||$180|
|All other out-of-state students||$255|
|International students (F1 visa – subject to change)||$255|
|Online learning courses||$149|
Additional lab or equipment fees may apply to specific classes and are listed in the schedule of courses. An administration fee may be assessed for students receiving a tuition waiver, see below for further detail.
Tuition billing statement
All students are responsible for keeping their account current by paying all charges by their respective semester due dates, regardless of billing receipt. We will attempt to send out a billing statement prior to payment due dates; however if registration occurs near or after the published due date, it may not be possible. Students participating in last-minute enrollment will not receive a bill since payment is due at the time of registration.
- Bills are only sent electronically via your myBlackHawk email account.
- No paper bills will be mailed with the exception of high school dual students, who will receive an initial paper bill. All further billing notices for dual students will be made electronically via the student’s myBlackHawk email.
Access to your balance due is available on your myBlackHawk account.
- Select the Academics tab.
- Scroll to the bottom of the middle column to view “My Account.”
- Pay by clicking on the credit card icon when you have a balance due.
Administration fees for tuition waivered students:
Students who receive Achievement Awards from Black Hawk College will be assessed an administration fee of $25 per credit hour. This administrative tuition waiver fee does not apply to outside awarded scholarships. The following Black Hawk College Scholarships are assessed an administration fee:
- Athletic scholarships
- Departmental scholarships (music/art)
- Equine scholarships
- Presidential Scholars
Last updated 07/21/2017