START YOUR STORY AT BHC
No matter who you are and what you want to do, we would love to help you get started on your college experience, finish a degree or prepare for a new career. Our admissions advisors are here to guide you from your first question to your first class.GET STARTED »
Affordability makes Black Hawk College a smart choice. We know you still have questions about paying for college, so let our Financial Aid Office help you with FAFSA forms, scholarship information and flexible payment plans.PAYING FOR COLLEGE »
UPCOMING ADMISSIONS DATES AND EVENTS
You must bring a signed permit from a Black Hawk College advisor, or a copy of your ACT or SAT report to the test. If you do not have documentation with you at the time of the test you will be required to take the ENTIRE test. If you haven’t had your ACT or SAT scores sent to Black Hawk College, you will need to do so. To request an additional score report, go to ACT’s web page at www.act.org or SAT’s web page at www.sat.org and have one sent to:
Enrollment Services, Black Hawk College, 6600 34th Ave., Moline, IL 61265
Enrollment Services, Black Hawk College – East Campus, 26230 Black Hawk Road, Galva, IL 61434
Some students may be exempt from parts of the ACCUPLACER test under two conditions:
– Students who have taken the ACT or SAT test within the past two years and scored appropriately in the individual English, Reading or Math tests do not have to take the corresponding ACCUPLACER test:
- ACT 19 or higher in English score, or SAT 480 or higher in Reading/Writing score, exempts you from the ACCUPLACER writing test.
- ACT 19 or higher in Reading score, or SAT 480 or higher in Reading/Writing score, exempts you from the ACCUPLACER reading test.
- ACT 22 or higher in Math, or SAT 530 or higher in Math, exempts you from the ACCUPLACER pre-algebra test, however you are required to take the ACCUPLACER Algebra test.
– Students who have completed courses, or taken a placement test such as ASSET or ACCUPLACER at another college or university may be exempt from portions of the ACCUPLACER test. These students should first see an advisor or counselor before taking the ACCUPLACER test. Documentation is required and must be reviewed by an advisor to determine which portions of the ACCUPLACER test are needed for course placement. You will need to bring an unofficial copy of your college transcript or ASSET/ACCUPLACER scores when you come to the Advising Center to see an advisor. Without documentation, students will be required to take the entire ACCUPLACER test for course placement. Placement test scores from other colleges and universities that are not ASSET or ACCUPLACER scores cannot be used for course placement at Black Hawk College.
You may take the ACCUPLACER test free of charge one time per academic year (Sept. 1 – Aug. 31). If you wish to retake the ACCUPLACER test during the same academic year, the cost is $15.00 per individual test or $30 for the entire test. Payment in cash (exact change) or check at the time of testing is accepted. NO CREDIT CARDS are accepted.
For dual credit, grades appear on your Black Hawk College transcript after you complete the course. Use the credits at Black Hawk College or transfer them to another college or university. Dual credits also generate credits towards your high school diploma requirements.
For articulated credit, grades are recorded at your request after you complete the course(s) with an A or B grade and attend Black Hawk College.