THINGS TO DO
Step 1: Apply
- Apply for admission to Black Hawk College.
- Pay $20 application fee.
- Look for your welcome letter in 1-2 business days at the email address you provided on the application.
- Send official transcripts from your high school and/or previous college to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Send placement scores from another school or ACT/SAT test scores (taken within the last two years).
- Apply for financial aid at www.fafsa.gov. Black Hawk College’s school code is 001638. FAFSA is available Oct. 1 for the following fall semester. Get more information from the BHC Financial Aid Office.
- Apply for a BHC Foundation scholarship (March-May).
Step 2: Log into myBlackHawk
- For myBlackHawk login instructions, reference the welcome letter and subsequent emails.
- Access myBlackHawk.
- Login questions? Contact the ITS Help Desk at 309-796-5555 or email@example.com.
Step 3: Work with your Online AA advisor
- Contact your Online AA advisor to create your schedule and register for the mandatory New Student Orientation.
- Online AA advisor: 309-796-5153 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step 4: Complete mandatory New Student Orientation
- The orientation will cover how to navigate Canvas, the use of technology in an online course, and how to be a successful online student.
- Once you complete the mandatory New Student Orientation, you will be able to register for your courses with your Online AA advisor.
Step 5: Pay tuition
- Access the Student Billing tab in myBlackHawk to check your anticipated balance, view payment options, due dates, pay online or set up deferred payment.
GET PREPARED FOR THE FIRST WEEK OF CLASSES
- Check your myBlackHawk email frequently for important messages.
- Technology requirements – PC or Mac, webcam, microphone and speakers/headphones, high speed/broadband internet and basic computer skills. View all Tech Requirements.
- Will you receive a financial aid refund? After registering for classes, set up your refund preference.
- Have a student ID card? You received a code in the mail. Enter your personal code.
- No student ID card? No problem! Select the “Need a Code?” link to request one.
- Order books online at the BHC Bookstore.
- Please allow 2 weeks for shipping.
Stay on course
- Remember to communicate with your instructors and/or Online AA advisor.
- Access the BHC Online AA Student Services page on Canvas.