Selected new titles from the circulating and reference collections are posted here regularly. The circulating titles may be found on the new books shelf near the library entrance, while the reference titles have been shelved with the collection.
Featured New Books
February 2019 New Books
- The best of The best horror of the year: 10 years of essential short horror fiction edited by Ellen Datlow.
- Beautiful boy: a father’s journey through his son’s addiction by David Sheff.
- Beyond birds & bees: bringing home a new message to our kids about sex, love, and equality by Bonnie J. Rough.
- Beyond the call: three women on the front lines in Afghanistan by Eileen Rivers.
- Children and environmental toxins: what everyone needs to know by Philip J. Landrigan.
- China in the 21st century: what everyone needs to know by Jeffrey N. Wasserstrom.
- Climate change: what everyone needs to know by Joseph J. Romm.
- Cross-cultural dialogues: 74 brief encounters with cultural difference by Craig Storti.
- Fire & Blood by George R.R. Martin.
- Frank Miller’s Sin City by Frank Miller.
- Insane mode: how Elon Musk’s Tesla sparked an electric revolution to end the age of oil by Hamish McKenzie.
- Managing chronic pain in an age of addiction by Akhtar Purvez.
- A manual for writers of research papers, theses, and dissertations: Chicago Style for students and researchers by Kate L. Turabian.
- Mindfulness and meditation: your questions answered by Blaise A. Aguirre.
- Modern HERstory: stories of women and nonbinary people rewriting history by Blair Imani.
- My Sister, the Serial Killer: A Novel by Oyinkan Braithwaite.
- Retablos by Octavio Solis.
- This is marketing by Seth Godin.
- Well-read black girl: finding our stories, discovering ourselves: an anthology.
- What we talk about when we talk about rape by Sohaila Abdulali.
- Crazy rich Asians directed by Jon M. Chu.
- The hate u give directed by George Tillman Jr.
- Incredibles 2 directed by Brad Bird.
- Mary Shelley directed by Haifaa al-Mansour.
- Venom directed by Ruben Fleischer.