Congratulations to the Black Hawk College Livestock Judging Team for winning the Dixie National Intercollegiate Beef Judging Contest in Jackson, MS!
Fourteen BHC students competed Feb. 12 in the junior college division against teams from Illinois, Oklahoma and Texas.
The first-place sophomore team members were:
- Robby Burchett of Jonesville, VA
- Ty Drach of Pontiac, IL
- Emma Dunn of Tipton, IN
- Jennifer Hoelscher of Eden, NY
- Dillon Sheiss of Larwill, IN
- Kelly Spicer of Woodbine, MD
- Keaton Woods of Tipton, IN
Individually placing in the Top 10 were:
- Dillon Sheiss – 1st overall, 10th in Continental, 3rd in Market, 1st in Reasons
- Ty Drach – 3rd overall, 1st in British, 3rd in Reasons
- Kelly Spicer – 5th overall, 2nd in Continental, 5th in Reasons
- Keaton Woods – 9th overall, 6th in Reasons
- Mikala Grady of Grandview, TX – 4th in Brahman
- Jennifer Hoelscher – 5th in Continental
- Allison Loftis of Medina, OH – 7th in Brahman
- Emma Richardson of Capron, IL – 9th in Continental
- Dawson Firlus of Mauston, WI – 10th in British
View complete team and individual results from the Dixie National Intercollegiate Beef Judging Contest.
The team is coached by Dr. Blake Bloomberg and Tim Hubbard.