Congratulations to the Black Hawk College Livestock Judging Team for winning the Collegiate Livestock Judging Contest at the State Fair of Texas!
The sophomore team won:
- 1st – Overall
- 1st – Cattle
- 1st – Swine
- 2nd – Reasons
- 7th – Sheep/Goats
Team members also competed individually against students from Colorado, Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas and Wyoming. Out of 133 competitors, Robby Burchett of Jonesville, VA, came in 3rd overall and Dillon Sheiss of Larwill, IN, came in 5th overall. Burchett also took 7th in Cattle and 10th in Reasons and Sheiss took 1st in Cattle and 4th in Reasons.
Other individual results:
- Ty Drach of Pontiac, IL – 1st in Swine, 5th in Cattle
- Dawson Firlus of Mauston, WI – 10th in Swine
- Allie Loftis of Medina, OH – 2nd in Cattle
- Emma Richardson of Capron, IL – 5th in Swine
- Kelly Spicer of Woodbine, MD – 9th in Cattle
The team is coached by Dr. Blake Bloomberg and Tim Hubbard.