Congratulations to the Black Hawk College Livestock Judging Team for winning the 2021 National Barrow Show Judging Contest in Austin, MN!
The sophomore team won both High Team Overall and High Team Reasons in the Junior College Division in the 75th National Barrow Show Swine Judging Contest.
Pictured from left to right, the team members are:
- Dillon Sheiss of Larwill, IN
- Tyler Gifford of Eagle Point, OR
- Keaton Woods of Tipton, IN
- Emma Dunn of Tipton, IN
- Kelly Spicer of Woodbine, MD
- Emma Richardson of Capron, IL
- Mikala Grady of Grandview, TX
- Robby Burchett of Jonesville, VA
- Ty Drach of Pontiac, IL
- Jordan Stephens of Ewing, KY
The BHC students competed against teams from Illinois, Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas and Wyoming. Out of 100 individual competitors, Sheiss placed 2nd, Drach placed 3rd, and Woods placed 8th overall. View complete team and individual results.
The team is coached by Dr. Blake Bloomberg and Tim Hubbard.