Congratulations to the Black Hawk College Livestock Judging Team for winning both the freshman and sophomore divisions at the World Beef Expo Collegiate Livestock Judging Contest at the Wisconsin State Fairgrounds!
In the sophomore division, BHC teams took 1st, 2nd and 3rd. In the freshman division, BHC teams took 1st, 2nd and 4th.
The sophomore 1st place and 2nd place teams outscored all teams in the competition, including the Top 3 four-year schools – Texas A&M University, Purdue University and the University of Illinois.
Individually, BHC students took all of the Top 10 sophomore spots:
- 1st – Tyler Gifford of Eagle Point, OR
- 2nd – Dillon Sheiss of Larwill, IN
- 3rd – Keaton Woods of Tipton, IN
- 4th – Jennifer Hoelscher of Eden, NY
- 5th – Jordan Stephens of Ewing, KY
- 6th – Emma Sailor of Delmar, IA
- 7th – Emma Dunn of Tipton, IN
- 8th – Robby Burchett of Jonesville, VA
- 9th – Kelly Spicer of Woodbine, MD
- 10th – Mikala Grady of Grandview, TX
Individually, BHC students took nine of the Top 10 freshmen spots:
- 1st – McKenzie Layton of Pocasset, OK
- 2nd – Chevy Vaske of Glencoe, KY
- 3rd – Karson Patton of Frankfort, IN
- 5th – Logan Mehling of Powell, WY
- 6th – Brianna Stockwell of Dowagiac, MI
- 7th – Grace Angotti of Freedom, WI
- 8th – Coby Frey of Upper Sandusky, OH
- 9th – Cody Wick of Gratiot, WI
- 10th – Katie Elmhirst of Indian River, Ontario
The team is coached by Dr. Blake Bloomberg and Tim Hubbard.