NOTICE OF BLACK HAWK COLLEGE
BOARD OF TRUSTEES VACANCY
REQUEST FOR APPLICATIONS
This notice is being provided to solicit applications from candidates who are interested in serving as a member of the Black Hawk College Board of Trustees to fill its current vacancy. One candidate will be appointed by the Board to serve until April 2023, consistent with and pursuant to the Illinois Public Community Colleges Act. Further details are provided below.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: To be eligible for appointment, a candidate must, at the time of appointment, be:
- 18 years of age or older;
- A citizen of the United States;
- A resident of the Black Hawk College district for at least one year.
- Interested candidates should submit a Letter of Interest & Qualifications to Laurie Morris-Nelson by mail or email at the following:
- By email: BoardofTrustees@bhc.edu
- By mail: 6600 34th Avenue, Moline, Illinois 61265
- In-person delivery, Building 1, Room 262 on the Quad-Cities Campus
- The Letter of Interest & Qualifications should include such information and materials as the candidate deems appropriate for consideration by the Board.
- The Board of Trustees will notify candidates if they are selected for an interview.
- The Board anticipates making its final selection and appointment of the Trustee before September 10, 2021.
TRUSTEE TERM & MEETINGS:
- The appointed Trustee will serve from appointment until the next regularly scheduled consolidated election in April 2023.
- The Black Hawk College Board meets regularly once per month and at other designated times, alternating meeting locations between the Quad-Cities and East campuses.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 5:00 PM on August 6, 2021
- All materials must be delivered or received by 5:00 PM on August 6, 2021 in order to be considered.
- Materials postmarked, but not delivered or received by 5:00 PM on August 6, 2021 will not be considered.