Seven Black Hawk College students are exhibiting their artwork in the Figge Art Museum College Invitational.
The exhibit features artwork by 42 students from eight area colleges and universities – Augustana College, Black Hawk College, Clinton Community College, Knox College, Monmouth College, Scott Community College, St. Ambrose University and Western Illinois University.
Art professors at the participating colleges selected the top works from their schools to be in the exhibit.
The Black Hawk College student artists, their hometowns and media are:
- Annabelle Bishop, Rock Island – Hand-built high fire stoneware and mixed media
- Karissa Collis, Orion – Hand-built high fire stoneware
- Jae Corales, Colona – Marker on paper
- Kaylee Hanger, East Moline – Archival photographic print
- Eric January, Chicago – Acrylic on canvas
- Abigail Kongkousonh, East Moline – Acrylic on canvas
- Lisbet Salazar, Moline – India ink on paper
View all of the BHC students’ artwork and read their artist statements (PDF).
Their work is on display through Sunday, June 6 in the Katz Gallery on the second floor of the museum at 225 W. Second St. in downtown Davenport, Iowa. Admission to the Figge is free for BHC students and employees.
For more information, contact art professor Zaiga Thorson at email@example.com or 309-796-5469.