Black Hawk College offers a variety of clubs and organizations to help you have a great college experience.
Both campuses are offering virtual club fests this month to let you explore what your campus offers. Plan to attend!
Read on for 10 reasons why you should pick one or more clubs or organizations to join!
- Stay connected. In a time of social distancing, joining a club and connecting with other members virtually is a great way to interact with others.
- Gain and strengthen friendships. Getting involved in a club or organization will give you the opportunity to make new friends and spend time with existing friends.
- Pursue your passion. Pick a club or organization that aligns with a passion of yours. You will meet others with your same interest, and you will get to do something you enjoy.
- Learn about something new. College is also a great time to explore other interests. Consider branching out and joining a club where you will be able to learn new things.
- Make a difference. Clubs and organizations make a positive impact on campus and in the community. Many have a service component, allowing you to give back.
- Challenge yourself. Being part of a club can help you grow personally and professionally. Stretch your creative muscles or work on your problem-solving abilities while helping make activities successful.
- Build your résumé. Belonging to a club or organization can help make your résumé more impressive. Campus involvement can also help with scholarship opportunities.
- Develop leadership skills. Clubs and organizations have student officers that keep them running smoothly. Take on a leadership position or offer to manage a club project to grow as a leader.
- Expand your network. Networking is another professional benefit of joining a club or organization. Make connections that could lead to other opportunities.
- Have fun. We listed fun last, but it certainly isn’t the smallest perk of being part of a club or organization. Getting involved can lead to some of your favorite college moments.