Black Hawk College recently honored eight East Campus students for their academic excellence at the 35th Annual Founders’ Scholars Awards Reception.
The event is named after the East Campus founders – Dr. Glenn Case, James Golby, Gust Lundberg, Ted Vlahos and Robert White.
Students receiving the award must have a minimum 3.85 grade point average after 30 credit hours at Black Hawk College with 12 credit hours taken at the East Campus. Students also must be graduating this month with an associate in arts or associate in science degree.
Here are the 2019 Founders’ Scholars and their hometowns:
- Emanuel Damas – Kewanee, IL
- Cora Hill – Warren, IN
- Kayla Humphres – Williamsville, IL
- Kayla Kendall – Kewanee, IL
- James Plotner – Toulon, IL
- Elizabeth Schoenlein – Portland, IN
- Nicholas Sheets – Kewanee, IL
- Elizabeth West – Wyoming, IL
Back row from left to right – James Plotner, Emanuel Damas and Nicholas Sheets
Front row holding plaques – Elizabeth West, Kayla Humphres, Kayla Kendall, Elizabeth Schoenlein and Cora Hill