BHC math professor receives Faculty of the Year award

3 people smiling at cameraEvery year the Illinois Community College Faculty Association (ICCFA) honors an outstanding community college faculty member in Illinois with the Leo Welch Faculty of the Year Award.

Connie McLean, Black Hawk College math professor, received the 2018 award Nov. 16 at the ICCFA annual conference in East Peoria.

McLean has taught math at Black Hawk College full-time since 2001 and part-time since 1995. She also has chaired the BHC Math Department since December 2014.

“I have found teaching and motivating students to be a very rewarding experience,” McLean said.

“It challenges me to try to improve every lesson every semester. I believe it is always possible to do better and that keeps me motivated and challenged.”

Pictured with McLean are Jake Winters, BHC math instructor, and Dr. Amy Maxeiner, BHC vice president for instruction and student services.

“I want to thank Jake Winters and my Math Department colleagues for nominating me,” McLean said.

“I am honored to receive this award and privileged to be able to work with so many fine faculty who have challenged and inspired me over the years. “