Black Hawk College recently honored eight East Campus students for their academic excellence at the 34th Annual Founders’ Scholars Awards Reception.
The event is named after the East Campus founders – Dr. Glenn Case, James Golby, Gust Lundberg, Ted Vlahos and Robert White.
Students receiving the award must have a minimum 3.85 grade point average after 30 credit hours at Black Hawk College with 12 credit hours taken at the East Campus. Students also must be graduating this month with an associate of arts or associate of science degree.
“Remember, the paragon of genius, Albert Einstein said, ‘Only a life lived for others is worthwhile,’ ” said Dr. John Erwin, BHC interim president. “As a scholar, you have a chance to give back to others in profound and worthy ways.”
Here are the 2018 Founders’ Scholars and their hometowns:
- Courtney Coffman – Huntington, IN
- Grayson Cottrell – Fairbury, IL
- Jamie Franck – Cambridge, IL
- Rachel Heck – Galva, IL
- Blake Hennenfent – Gilson, IL
- Sarah Reay – Princeville, IL
- Griffin Tuftie – Serena, IL
- Courtney Wiedenmann – Coal Valley, IL