The Illinois Department of Transportation will be replacing the bridge on U.S. Route 34 located between IL Route 78 and East 2550th Street. During the bridge replacement, traffic will be detoured onto Black Hawk Road. Prior to the bridge construction, changes and repairs will be made to Black Hawk Road to allow for the increased traffic.
1. Beginning Monday, May 1, 2017, the changes and repairs to Black Hawk Road are scheduled to begin. This means that portions of Black Hawk Road will be closed during this project.
- A culvert will be installed under East 2550th Street, south of Black Hawk Road.
- The intersections of East 2550th Street and U.S. 34, East 2550th Street and Black Hawk Road, and Black Hawk Road and IL 78 will all be widened to accommodate additional traffic.
- Black Hawk Road will receive an asphalt overlay and the shoulders will be reworked. One lane will be closed at a time during this process.
2. This work is scheduled to be completed by Memorial Day.
3. After Memorial Day, barricades will be placed on U.S. 34 east of East 2550th Street and on IL 78 north of Black Hawk Road to detour traffic down Black Hawk Road.
4. The bridge replacement is scheduled to be complete by July 30.
Last updated 5/1/2017