Black Hawk College recently honored 11 East Campus students for their academic excellence at the 33rd Annual Founders’ Scholars Awards Reception.
The event is named after the East Campus founders – Dr. Glenn Case, James Golby, Gust Lundberg, Ted Vlahos and Robert White.
“This is the time of year when we recognize the outstanding achievements of our students,” said Dr. Betsey Morthland, executive dean. “At East Campus, these achievements constitute a very long list.
“We honor our top academic scholars at the East Campus with the Founders’ Scholars award. They are the crème de la crème,” Morthland said.
Students receiving the award must have a minimum 3.85 grade point average after 30 credit hours at Black Hawk College with 12 credit hours taken at the East Campus. Students also must be graduating this month with an associate of arts or associate of science degree.
Below are the 2017 Founders’ Scholars and their hometowns.
- Shelby Brenner – Hopkins, MI
- Amanda Clawson – Lafayette, NJ
- Brody Elliott – Bradford, IL
- Isaac N. Goldner – Sherrard, IL
- Frey Guerrero Vizcarra – Kewanee, IL
- Dalton Humphrey – Eaton Rapids, MI
- Mirai Kaneshi – Morehead City, NC
- Katie Miller – Cambridge, IL
- Erika Olson – Manito, IL
- Amin Rahhal – Collierville, TN
- Matthew Wagenecht – Prophetstown, IL