“I am extremely proud of our student-athletes that represent the Black Hawk College Athletic Department and designated teams,” said Gary Huber, athletic director.
“I am also proud of Coach Calderon’s leadership in emphasizing the importance of academics with her softball team players,” he said.
Individual awards recognize student-athletes who earned honors at the NJCAA level.
NJCAA All-Americans are voted on by region directors across the country to recognize their outstanding athletic abilities.
NJCAA Academic All-Americans are student-athletes at two-year colleges who earn a 3.6 GPA or higher.
Individual award winners are listed on banners hung in the college’s gymnasium in Building 3.
- Cindy Frazier – Appreciation Award for assisting the volleyball team
- Josh Bousman – NJCAA All-American and the Golf Coaches Association of America PING NJCAA All-American Golf Team
- Cody Smith – NJCAA All-American
- Kassandra Anderson – NJCAA All-American and NJCAA Academic All-American
- Jordan Marshall – NJCAA Academic All-American
- Brooke Posey – NJCAA All-American
President’s Award – The BHC Athletic Department gives this award for the highest team grade point average for the semester. Women’s softball has won the award 19 of the last 23 semesters.
- Spring 2014 – 3.42 GPA
- Fall 2014 – 3.38 GPA
Last updated 11/18/2015