- Be a U.S. citizen or a permanent resident
- Be accepted for enrollment or currently enrolled at Black Hawk College in a college-level program
- Demonstrate high motivation to successfully complete your coursework
- A first-generation college student (neither one of your parents has received a four-year degree and you haven’t received a two-year or four-year degree)
- Low-income, according to federal guidelines
- Have a documented disability
How do I become a participant of TRIO SSS?
- Contact TRiO staff to learn more about our services.
- Complete the application and provide requested documentation by clicking here and email email@example.com.
- After completing the application, an informal intake interview will be scheduled during which we will exchange information. We tell you more about our program and you tell us about your background, goals, current academic concerns and expectations.
- Shortly after, you will be informed if you’ve been selected as a program participant based on the program’s eligibility criteria, your academic needs and space available in the program.
- After being accepted, you will have a personalized My TRiO BHC Plan developed in consultation with your advisor. This will be based upon needs identified through needs assessment instruments and/or through needs expressed by you to your advisor. In consultation with your advisor, you will set some academic and personal goals for the semester and will create a plan outlining recommended classes to earn your degree.
Please contact us if you have questions on participating.
What Does TRiO Mean To You?- We Asked, You Answered!
“It means that I get help to earning my degree. I get help from my advisor, I get help with textbooks, and equipment, it means I can access a tutor or a computer when I need it. It also means I have a safe place to go if I have any questions.”
“TRiO means so much to me. It’s like that friend that always has your back and goes out of their way to make sure you achieve what you are striving for.”
Last updated 01/12/2017