Last updated 3/4/2014
The Student Leadership Council (SLC) is the officially recognized student governance body for Black Hawk College. It is composed of 14 senators, including executive officers, and the opportunity for any Black Hawk College student to be a part of one or more of the four standing committees: Activities, Volunteerism, and Governing, as well as other committees, such as the Inter-Club Council Committee. Senators are appointed by the outgoing Senate once a year through an application and interview process.
What does SLC do?
- ENHANCES the quality of college life for Black Hawk College students.
- GOVERNS student organizations.
- PROVIDES activities, volunteer and leadership opportunities on campus.
Who are the SLC leaders?
President: leader of SLC
Vice President: assists President
Secretary: record keeper
Financial Administrator: financial officer
Senators: voice of SLC, votes on issues
Want to be a student leader?
- Gain leadership skills
- Enhance your résumé and university application
- Leave your legacy at Black Hawk College
- Attend leadership conferences
Interested in participating? Next steps:
- If you are a student interested in being a part of the Student Leadership Council please fill out the Student Leadership Council Application by Friday, April 4, 2014. Once we receive your application, we will contact you regarding the possibility of an interview.
- If you are a faculty member that would like to nominate a student to participate in the Student Leadership Council please fill out the Student Leadership Council Nomination Form for Faculty.
- If you are a staff member that would like to nominate a student to participate in the Student Ambassador Program please fill out the Student Leadership Council Nomination Form for Staff.
For more information about Student Leadership Council at Black Hawk College, contact us.
We look forward to your comments and feedback. Please use our online comment form by clicking here.