Having the Time of Your Student Life!
FALL 2014 events
• Aug. 25-29 – Sweet Start to the Semester: Grab some sweet treats and basic school supplies along the hallways of Building A to ensure a successful start to your semester.
• Wednesday, Aug. 27 – Caricatures: Have your caricature drawn while learning about how to become involved with student clubs and organizations at the East Campus. Cafeteria from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
• Wednesday, Sept. 17 – Constitution Day: Constitution Day is a time to develop habits of citizenship in a new generation of Americans. Grab a FREE copy of the United States Constitution and understand your freedoms and the history behind your freedoms. Hallways of Building A.
• Tuesday, Sept. 23 – Voter Registration Day: Rock the vote by registering to vote. www.nationalvoterregistrationday.org
• Wednesday, Sept. 24 – Fall Fun Day with Rhythm Enthusiast Aaron Faucher: Join your BHC peers for LIVE entertainment and FREE food in the Game Room from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Request your favorite song and watch two talented artists duel it out on pianos. Sponsored by your Student Government Association.
• Wednesday, Oct. 22 – Blood Drive: Give the gift of life in the Game Room from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Register in the Advising Center the week before the event, or walk-in the day of the drive to donate.
• Thursday, Oct. 30 – Trick-or-Treat Trail: East Campus will transform into a haunted, trick-or-treat extravaganza for more than 1,500 local ghouls and goblins. To make it a special treat for visitors and our equine students, there will be a costume contest for the HORSES in the barn with fantastic prizes awarded to the owner(s) of the first, second and third place costumed winners! Campus-wide Trick-or-Treat Trail from 5-7 p.m.
• Monday, Nov. 10 – Veterans Day Celebration: Veterans Day pays tribute to all American veterans but especially gives thanks to living veterans who served their country honorably during war or peacetime. Campus-wide.
• Dec. 15-18 – Finals Study Promotion: Grab some brain-building food and tips on how to successfully ace all your semester finals.
SPRING 2015 events
• Jan. 20-23 – Sweet Start to the Semester: Grab some sweet treats and basic school supplies along the hallways of Building A to ensure a successful start to your semester.
• Wednesday, Jan. 28 – Photo Booth: Grab several of your friends that you’re happy to be reunited with after the holiday break and create a lasting memories in the Game Room from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
• TBA – Blood Drive sponsored by Phi Theta Kappa: Give the gift of life during the sweetest month of the year. Register in the Advising Center the week before the event, or walk-in the day of the drive to donate.
• Monday, March 2 – Casimir Pulaski Day: Casimir Pulaski who?! Informational displays throughout campus on why the State of Illinois celebrates Casimir Pulaski Day.
• Thursday-Friday, March 12-13 – Spring Break Success: Informational displays throughout campus on how to have a safe and successful spring break.
• Friday, May 8 – End-of-the-Year Bash at East Campus: Join your BHC peers FREE food in the cafeteria from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Munch on a free lunch sponsored by your Student Government Association!
• May 14-15 and May 18-19 – Finals Study Promotion: Grab some brain-building food and tips on how to successfully ace all your semester finals.
Keep an eye out this semester for information regarding additional engagement activities including: Athletic events at the Kewanee Armory, contests in the Ag Arena, community and volunteer opportunities, and student club-sponsored events.
Last updated 8/20/2014