Selected new titles from the circulating and Reference collections are posted here each month. The circulating titles may be found on the New Books Shelf near the Library entrance, while the Reference titles have been shelved with the collection. Click on the book covers below to view featured items in our catalog.
Featured New Books
January 2017 New Books
- The 47 Ronin : a graphic novel by Sean Michael Wilson ; illustrated by Akiko Shimojima, with lettering by Ben Dickson.
- The assertiveness guide for women : how to communicate your needs, set healthy boundaries, and transform your relationships by Julie de Azevedo Hanks, PhD.
- Below the belt by Stuart Woods.
- Bridging the relationship gap : connecting with children facing adversity by by Langworthy, Sara.
- The carbon farming solution : a global toolkit of perennial crops and regenerative agriculture practices for climate change mitigation and food security by Eric Toensmeier ; foreword by Dr. Hans Herren.
- The Drone Debate : A Primer on the U.S. Use of Unmanned Aircraft Outside Conventional Battlefields by Plaw, Avery.
- Experiencing Mozart : a listener’s companion by David Schroeder.
- A field guide to lies : critical thinking in the information age by Daniel J. Levitin.
- The First World War : a concise global history by William Kelleher Storey.
- Frontier grit : the unlikely true stories of daring pioneer women by Marianne Monson.
- The handbook for storytellers by Freeman, Judy.
- Haunted : on ghosts, witches, vampires, zombies, and other monsters of the natural and supernatural worlds by Leo Braudy.
- Juniper : the girl who was born too soon by Kelley and Thomas French.
- Mindfulness and acceptance for gender and sexual minorities : a clinician’s guide to fostering compassion, connection, and equality using contextual strategies by Skinta, Matthew, | Curtin, Aisling, | Pachankis, John.
- The new deal by Jonathan Case.
- Remaking the American patient : how Madison Avenue and modern medicine turned patients into consumers by Nancy Tomes.
- Steal like an artist : 10 things nobody told you about being creative by Austin Kleon.
- Thunder at the gates : the black Civil War regiments that redeemed America by Douglas R. Egerton.
- The whistler by John Grisham.
- Wolf boys : two American teenagers and Mexico’s most dangerous drug cartel by Dan Slater.
- Florence Foster Jenkins Produced by Michael Kuhn, Tracey Seaward.
- The girl on the train Directed by Tate Taylor.
- Pete’s dragon Produced by Jim Whitaker.
- Snowden Directed by Oliver Stone.
- Suicide Squad Directed by David Ayer.