If you are already attending another college or university you can take a class at BHC for possible transfer back to your home school. Please follow these steps to register and ensure the course will be accepted by your home school:
Home for College Break
Get a head start at your college or university Are you already attending another college or university but planning to take a class at BHC that will transfer back to your home school?
Follow the steps below to register successfully at BHC and ensure the course you take will meet a requirement at your home college or university:
1. Complete the application for admission at www.bhc.edu/apply. Please allow 48 hours for processing once your application has been submitted.
2. Talk to a BHC Advisor to determine the class that meets the requirement at your home school. It’s always best to get written confirmation from an Advisor or Admissions Representative at your home college or university that the BHC course will transfer back and meet a specific requirement. Your home school has the final say about which courses it will accept.
3. Check the schedule for course availability, meeting times and prerequisites at www.bhc.edu/schedules.
4. If the course you’d like to take has a prerequisite, make certain you’ve met it or you will not be able to register. If you met the prerequisite at BHC, you should be able to register online (see step 5). If you’ve met the prerequisite elsewhere, you’ll need to access your transcript and send it to your BHC Advisor. Do not send us a link to your transcript. Instead:
- Make a .pdf copy of your transcript and attach it to an email to the Advising Center at ADVQC@bhc.edu.
- In your message be sure to include the BHC course you’d like to register for (i.e. PSYC 101), your first name, middle initial, last name, birthdate and phone number.
- The transcript must clearly show your name, college name, the course numbers and names, number of credits, when you attended, your final grades and your cumulative GPA.
- Instead of emailing you may also fax your transcript and the other information to the Advising Center at 309-796-5139.
5. An Advisor will then review your transcript and contact you via email or phone and let you know if you’ve in fact met the prerequisite. If you have met the prerequisite, the Advisor will perform an override so you may register online.
6. Register through your myBlackHawk account by visiting www.bhc.edu/register.
Posted in: Advising