« March 2017 » loading...
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
Wed 29

ArtSpace Gallery exhibit

March 13 - April 13
Wed 29

2017 Job Fair

March 29 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
Wed 29

Women’s History Month Event

March 29 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm

View all »

I pay my son’s tuition and fees. Why can’t I have access to his records?

Based on the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act, college students’ records are protected from access of non-directory information without their written consent. Your student may come to Enrollment Services and sign a statement giving you permission.

I got my bill and I owe a lot more than I thought I would. I moved back here from another state. Could that be the reason?

Yes, you must live within the college district for 30 days prior to the first day of the term to get in-district rates. If you previously reported you lived outside of the district, you must provide proof of residency. Examples of proof would include a current Illinois state-issued drivers’ license or ID, vehicle registration, voter registration card or a billing statement. Any of these items must be dated 30 days prior to the beginning of the term.

I need to change my address. What do I do?

Submit your address change via your myBlackHawk e-mail account or come to Enrollment Services and complete a [Download not found].

What do I do if a class I need is full?

Put yourself on the wait list if it is available. We will contact you via your myBH e-mail account when we have a seat for you. You will have 48 hours to enroll in the class. If the wait list is no longer available, you can request instructor approval by obtaining his or her signature or by sending an email from your myBH account. A printed response from the instructor is acceptable as approval.

How will I know if I am meeting my degree requirements?

One semester before you plan to complete your requirements, complete a graduation application. Enrollment Services will review your records and let you know if you are missing anything.  Click here for Graduation Procedures.

Can’t I just tell my instructor to drop me?

We always recommend you talk with your instructor before making the decision to drop a course. Dropping the course is your responsibility. You must initiate the request to drop a course. You may drop it yourself without instructor permission if the course is not 75% completed. Once 75% of the course has expired, you are not permitted to drop a course without the instructor’s permission. Contact Enrollment Services for specific dates.

Something has come up and I need to drop all of my classes. Will I get my money back?

To receive a 100% refund of tuition and fees, you need to drop classes no later than the day BEFORE the term begins. (Hint: You can e-mail in the middle of the night if you need to drop a course.) The first seven days of the term, we grant 75% refund; calendar days eight through 14, we grant 50% refund. On day 15 of the term, no refund is granted.

If you have extenuating circumstances as to why you must withdraw from all of your classes, you may complete a refund appeal and submit it to Enrollment Services via mail, fax (309-796-5209) or e-mail.  The committee will review your appeal and determine if a refund is warranted. Download Refund Appeal form.

Medical Drop
Black Hawk College policy provides that a student may receive a full refund of tuition and fees if a licensed physician submits a statement recommending that the student withdraws from his/her classes for medical reasons. Withdrawal must be complete-not just a reduced load. To be considered, withdrawals must be submitted in a timely manner no later than the beginning of the final exams for the term enrolled.

I went to class and I don’t think I am going to like it. Can I change my schedule? Will I have to pay more money?

During the first 15 days of the term (seven days for four-week summer sessions), you may exchange one class for another as long as they are the same number of credit hours.