Do you need money for college? Completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) early is the critical first step to maximize financial aid.
Get help at the FAFSA Completion Workshop from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 8 at the BHC Adult Learning Center, 4610 Blackhawk Commons Drive, Rock Island.
- Get free, on-site professional assistance completing the FAFSA.
- Talk to financial aid professionals about financial aid resources and how to apply.
What to bring to a FAFSA Completion Workshop:
- Social Security Number. Be sure it is correct!
- Records of income, such as income earned from work and business, child support paid or received and any other untaxed income. If you have them, refer to the W-2 Forms or Federal Income Tax Return IRS 1040, 1040A or 1040EZ.
- Information about assets, such as savings, certificates of deposit, stock options, bonds, 529 plans and other college savings programs; and investment real estate, business and farm.
- Driver’s license number, if you have one.
- Dates of birth, include the month, day and year.
- Month and year of marriage, separation, divorce or other change in marital status.
- Alien Registration Number, if you (student) are not a U.S. citizen.
The new Adult Learning Center is located just behind the City Limits Saloon & Grill where 11th Street/U.S. 67 and Black Hawk Road/46th Avenue intersect.
For more information about the FAFSA Completion Workshop, contact Andrew Viscariello at firstname.lastname@example.org.