Last updated 8/5/2013
Learn in 16 weeks or less!
Black Hawk College’s Professional and Continuing Education (PaCE) offers a wide variety of short-term career program options that you can complete in just 10-16 weeks.
Why use Professional and Continuing Education (PaCE) for your short-term career training?
- Classes have clear and concise goals that are designed for entry-level workers
- Commitment to providing continuing education needs of the community
- More than 40 years experience providing continuing education training
- Convenient locations and parking
Short-term career programs and classes are designed to start you on your career path and/or provide you with additional skills and information for your current occupation. For more information, visit the Professional and Continuing Education staff at 301 Avenue of the Cities, East Moline, Ill., e-mail email@example.com, or call 309-796-8223
The Re-Skilling Scholarship can help you train for a high-demand career in a short amount of time.
You may apply for aid from the Re-Skilling Scholarship Fund if you meet ALL of the following criteria:
- Reside in Rock Island County, and
- Earned a high school diploma or GED or equivalent, and
- Are laid off or work a reduced number of hours due to the economy, and
- Can show a work history of being regularly employed, and
- Will actively seek work when training is completed, and
- Agree to stay in contact with your career advisor to report training and employment status.
Eligible Black Hawk College short-term training programs include:
- Phlebotomy Technician
- Pharmacy Technician
- Veterinary Assistant Certificate
- Travel, Tourism and Hospitality Program
- Optical Assistant
- Forklift Operator
- Food Service Sanitation
- Medical Receptionist
- Home Care Giver
- Computer Training Certificate
- Other current training programs may be considered
For more information about the scholarship call Kathy McCabe at 309-796-8229.
Black Hawk College’s Professional and Continuing Education – Improving life through learning!