Celebration Week at Black Hawk College
For two thirds of a century, Black Hawk College has been enriching our community with exceptional programs and opportunities. Join us Sept. 25-29 as we celebrate Black Hawk College!
Admission to all events is FREE.
BHC President Dr. Thomas Baynum delves into the inspiration behind Celebration Week in this radio interview with WYEC 93.9:
[grandmp3 id=40057 autoplay=false]
Tuesday, Sept. 25
Celebrate East Campus (View photos from this event.)
- 2 – 3 p.m. Whole Foods – Ag Arena Classroom and Organic Plot and Soil Judging
- 3:05 – 3:45 p.m. Livestock Judging Exhibition – Auditorium
- 3:50 – 4:10 p.m. Art Show and Reception – Conference Room Building 1
- 4:15 – 4:45 p.m. Horse Judging Exhibition – Arena
- 4:45 – 5:15 p.m.Western Horsemanship Exhibition – Arena
- 5:15 – 5:45 p.m. Barrel Racing Exhibition – Arena
Also student art show and campus tours.
Wednesday, Sept. 26
Meet and Greet with BHC President Dr. Thomas Baynum (View photos from this event.)
East Campus, Building A, Game Room
11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Wednesday, Sept. 26
Sustainable Technologies Building Open House (View photos from this event.)
Guests should park in Lot 1 off 70th Street. The Sustainable Technologies Building is next to Building 2 (look for the wind turbine).
- 4-6 p.m. – Sustainable Technologies Building Open House with faculty meet and greet, equipment and technology demonstrations, student art display and building tours
- 5:15 p.m. – Program and Ribbon-Cutting Ceremony
Friday, Sept. 28
An Evening at BHC
- 6-7:30 p.m. – Light appetizers with the Coleman Harris Trio performing original jazz compositions – Building 4, second floor (Hawk’s Nest and Restaurant – Park in Lot 3 or Lot 2 by Building 3 off 34th Avenue)
- 7:45-9 p.m. – Variety show and poetry reading by Black Hawk College students and employees – Building 1, Room 306 (auditorium – Park in Lot 1 off 70th Street)
Saturday, Sept. 29
Installation Ceremony for Dr. Thomas Baynum, President of Black Hawk College
i wireless Center, 1201 River Drive, Moline
Doors open at 9 a.m.
Program begins at 9:30 a.m.
- Welcome Address
- Keynote Address – Dr. Margaret Lee, Oakton Community College
- Presentation of Presidential Seal and Proclamation – Board of Trustees Chair Evelyn Phillips assisted by Vice Chair Sonia Berg and Secretary David Emerick Jr.
- Presidential Address