The next HCCTP at Black Hawk College is March 9 to June 4, 2015. Gain 450 hours of training in a construction field!
- Equipment operators
- Cement masons
- Pipefitters and plumbers
The Illinois Department of Transportation (IDOT) and the Illinois Community College Board created this program to increase the number of minorities, women and disadvantaged individuals working on IDOT projects. This program is funded by IDOT. Those 15 students who are selected will learn essential skills for working in the highway construction trade. The class is structured so that half of the 13 weeks is spent in the classroom and half is hands-on with shop and community project work.
Anyone interested in this program and a career in highway construction is invited to start the application process by attending one of our orientation sessions.
- 18 years or older
- High school diploma or GED
- Valid driver’s license
- Interesting in working in the construction trades
- Drug-free (tested)
Orientation sessions – The application process starts here
- Thursday, Jan. 8 from 10-11 a.m. OR 4-5 p.m.
- Tuesday, Jan. 13 from 9-10 a.m. OR 2-3 p.m.
Math and reading skills testing (looking for 7th grade skill level)
- Thursday, Jan. 15 from 9-11 a.m. OR 2-4 p.m.
- Wednesday, Jan. 21 from 10 a.m. to noon OR 2-4 p.m.
Potential candidates are invited for an interview after testing
- Tuesday-Wednesday, Feb. 3-4 – Individual interviews
- Thursday, Feb. 5 – Selection letters go out
- Wednesday, Feb. 18 – Drug testing completed
Monday, March 9 – HCCTP classes start
For more information or to register for an Orientation session, contact
Susan Llewellyn at 309-796-5716 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated 12/5/2014