Arrowhead Conference was created by the following schools: Black Hawk College in Moline, Black Hawk East in Kewanee, Carl Sandburg, Highland, Kishwaukee, and Sauk Valley. These 6 schools began this conference in 1970 that included the following sports: Men’s teams include Golf, Cross County, Tennis, Basketball, and Baseball. Women’s teams included Volleyball, Basketball, and Softball. Since 1970, Arrowhead Conference has had Illinois Central and Spoon River participated in our conference. Both schools are no longer member of the Arrowhead Conference. Illinois Valley is our most recent and current member joining the Arrowhead Conference in 1999.
Current members of Arrowhead Conference are: Black Hawk College, Carl Sandburg College, Highland Community College, Illinois Valley Community College, Kishwaukee College, and Sauk Valley Community College.
Arrowhead Conference currently has:
- Men’s sports: Golf, Basketball, and Baseball.
- Women’s sports: Volleyball, Basketball, and Softball
Arrowhead Conference has the following awards available for student-athletes:
- Arrowhead Conference Champions for the winning team after completing conference play
- All-Conference Athletic Award for individuals who are voted on by coaches for being outstanding athletes in their sport.
- All-Academic All-Conference Award for individuals that earn a 3.0 Grade Point Average or higher during their two semesters of participation at their college.
- Bob Bopp Award – is the most outstanding male and female student-athlete voted on by coaches at each college.
- All-Sport Award – is the most well rounded Conference program throughout each year of participation.