The registration checklist will help you complete all the steps to enrolling at Black Hawk College. Download and print the checklist for either Quad-Cities or East Campus:
- Quad-Cities Campus: New Student Registration Checklist
- East Campus: New Student Registration Checklist
Step 1: Apply
- Apply at www.bhc.edu/apply.
- Allow two business days for processing.
Step 2: Financial Aid
- Apply at www.fafsa.ed.gov. BHC’s school code is 001638. Get more information at www.bhc.edu/financialaid.
Step 3: Testing
- Take an assessment of your skills in reading, writing and math.
- Visit www.bhc.edu/compass to learn more about placement testing.
Step 4: Online Orientation
- Complete the online orientation that introduces the basics of BHC.
- Go to http://myblackhawk.bhc.edu.
Step 5: Advising and Registration Session
Advisors will assist with creating your schedule and show you how to register online.
- Quad-Cities Campus: Make an appointment with an advisor by calling 309-796-5100.
- East Campus: Make an appointment with an advisor by calling 309-854-1709.
Step 6: Pay
- Check payment options and due dates at www.bhc.edu/payment.
- Pay online or set up a deferred payment at http://myblackhawk.bhc.edu.
- Or stop by Quad-Cities Campus and pay in person at the Bursar’s Office in Building 1 (check or cash only).
- Or stop by East Campus and pay in person at Building A, Room 100 (check or cash only).
Step 7: On-campus Orientation
- Connect with students, faculty, staff and resources at Welcome Week Orientation.
- Visit www.bhc.edu/orientation to sign up.
Step 8: Get Involved
- Stop by the Student Life Offices at Quad-Cities Campus (Building 4) or East Campus to learn about the different ways you can get involved at BHC! Visit www.bhc.edu/studentlife for more information.
Don’t forget your:
- Quad-Cities Campus: Get your photo taken at the Welcome Desk in Building 1.
- East Campus: Get your photo taken at Building 3, Room 101.
- Your ID will arrive in about two weeks.
- Go to www.bhc.edu/id for more information.
- Quad-Cities Campus: Buy books at the Hawk’s Hub in Building 1. Visit www.bhc.edu/hawkshub for more information.
- East Campus: Buy books at the East Campus Bookstore. Visit Visit http://bookstore-east.bhc.edu/home.aspx for more information.
Quad-Cities Campus only: Visit the Bursar’s Office or Hawk’s Hub in Building 1 to purchase your parking tag.
Last updated 10/28/2014