Steps to Enrolling at Black Hawk College
Step 2: Apply for financial aid
- Complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Black Hawk College’s school code is 001638. Visit our financial aid page for more information on types of aid available and how to apply.
Step 3: Receive welcome letter
- Receive Welcome Letter containing critical student identification information approximately 2 weeks after your online application is submitted.
-Log in to myBlackHawk
Step 4: Take placement test
- Take an assessment of your skill levels in reading, writing, and math at BHC.
- Schedule your placement testing (if you didn’t schedule previously).
Step 5: Complete Online Orientation
-New students must complete online orientation at www.bhc.edu/onlineorientation for an introduction of the BHC basics.
-At the end of the online orientation, sign up for your New Student Advising and Registration Session.
Step 6: Attend a new student advising and registration session
- Attend a New Student Advising and Registration Session where advisors will assist with creating your first semester schedule.
- At the end, sign up for Welcome Week Orientation.
Step 8: Pay for classes
- Make an online payment through myBlackHawk
- For Quad-Cities Campus payments, stop by the Bursar’s Office in Building 1 to pay in person or set up a payment plan. At East Campus students pay in the Enrollment Services Office located in Building A.
Step 9: Attend Welcome Week Orientation Program
- Get connected with students, faculty, and staff at BHC at the Welcome Week Orientation Program.
Step 10: Go to Campus Police and Bookstore
- Get your student ID picture taken and purchase your parking pass at Campus Police in Building 3. Parking passes are not required at East Campus.
- Purchase your books and BHC gear at the Quad-Cities Bookstore in Building 3. Visit the bookstore page for more information. East Campus Bookstore is located in Building A.
Step 11: Get Involved
- Stop by the Student Life Office to learn about all the different ways you can get involved at BHC!
Step 12: Sign up for educational planning session
- Sign up to attend an educational planning session with an advisor to map out your individualized goals.