Students are welcome to apply for aid after July 1st (Finish Financial Aid Day). However, documents received after July 1st may not be processed by the payment due date. Cash or deferred payment may be needed to hold your Fall 2013 classes.
2013-14 Direct Loan Checklist
1. Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid www.fafsa.gov
2.Register for 6 credit hours or more.
4. Complete BHC Budget Worksheet. (Retain this worksheet for Entrance Counseling, if needed.)
5. First Time Borrowers at Black Hawk College:
a. Entrance Counseling (Allow 30 minutes and have your Budget Worksheet with you.)
b. Master Promissory Note (MPN)
c. If you have earned less than 12 credit hours at Black Hawk College, send high school or GED transcript and ALL prior college transcripts to BHC Enrollment Services Office
6. Print your NSLDS history
7. Print a copy of your Loan Repayment Calculation. (Combine all the loans on your NSLDS report with your current request for the total in the calculator.)
8. Complete BHC Loan Application.
9. Keep records of ALL loan documents. REMEMBER, YOU MUST REPAY YOUR LOAN!
10. Keep your address and phone number current with BHC Enrollment Services Office
Your loan will be processed when ALL documents listed are received in the Financial Aid Office.
Parent PLUS Loans