- Complete the 2014-2015 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Register for at least 6 credit hours of classes.
- Complete LIFE SKILLS Lessons.
- Log-in instructions.
- 70% correct answers required to complete the lessons.
- Print your National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS) history.
- This lists all prior student loans.
- This lists loan servicers where payments will be made.
- Complete the Loan Repayment Calculation using your NSLDS total loan amounts combined with the amount you want to borrow.
- Complete the Black Hawk College Loan Application.
FIRST TIME LOAN BORROWER:
FIRST TIME BORROWERS AT BLACK HAWK COLLEGE WITH PRIOR COLLEGE LOAN:
- Add Black Hawk College to your Entrance Counseling.
- Click “Previously Completed Counseling.”
- Add Black Hawk College so Financial Aid can download your Entrance Counseling.
- Request ALL prior college transcripts be sent to Black Hawk College Enrollment Services for evaluation.
- Complete Request to Evaluate Transcripts.
- This is needed to determine loan grade level and eligibility
The processing time is at least two weeks after all documents listed are received in the Financial Aid Office. Access your MyBlackHawk account to check your loan status. Correspondence about your loan will be sent through your Black Hawk College student e-mail.
Last updated 6/24/2014