Last updated 3/25/2014
2014-2015 Loan Application Process Coming Soon
Students are welcome to apply for summer loans until June 15th. However, documents received after May 15th may not be processed by the payment due date of May 29th. Cash or deferred payment may be needed to hold your Summer 2014 classes.
2013-14 Direct Loan Checklist
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid www.fafsa.gov
- Register for 6 credit hours or more.
- Read Black Hawk College Federal Direct Loan Guidelines
- Complete BHC Budget Worksheet. (Retain this worksheet for Entrance Counseling, if needed.)
- First Time Borrowers at Black Hawk College:
- Print your NSLDS history
- Print a copy of your Loan Repayment Calculation. (Combine all the loans on your NSLDS report with your current request for the total in the calculator.)
- Complete BHC Loan Application.
- Keep records of all loan documents. Remember, you must repay your loan!
- Keep your address and phone number current with BHC Enrollment Services Office.
Your loan will be processed when all documents listed are received in the Financial Aid Office.
Parent PLUS Loans
2013-14 Parent PLUS Loan Application