Black Hawk College offers on-campus tours and events, as well as off-campus events where you can learn more about us. Whether you know you’re coming to BHC or you just want to gather information, we invite you to come to campus or to visit us at one of our upcoming events below.
Individual Campus Tours (Quad-Cities Campus)
Individual campus tours are offered at various times during the week.
Register for a Quad Cities Campus tour here.
FYI Night (Quad-Cities Campus)
Thursday, Feb. 23, 2017
Thursday, March 23, 2017
Building 1, Room 306 (theatre)
If you’re thinking about college but don’t know where to start, FYI Night is for you. Stop by to learn about applying and enrolling in college, paying for college, registering for classes, and career options.
College Night (Quad-Cities Campus)
Thursday, Oct. 6, 2016
Building 3, upper gym
In one evening, students can visit with representatives from more than 80 colleges and universities. High school students, college students, parents and grandparents can get information on:
- Admission requirements
- How to apply
- Tuition costs
- Financial aid
- Housing options
- Transfer options
Admission is free.
For a list of schools attending, go to College Night on the events calendar.
Parent Night (Quad-Cities Campus)
Nov. 10, 2017
Parents of high school students are invited to attend a special night with BHC faculty, staff and students to learn about the college enrollment process and how to best support your student during the transition from high school to college. The event will be in Building 4, second floor, Hawk’s Nest.
Want to learn more about Black Hawk College? Come to the BHC Open House from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday, April 22 at the Quad-Cities Campus.
New and prospective students can take the placement test, register for classes, meet faculty members and learn about BHC programs and student support resources.
Activities will include:
- Representatives from Advising, Financial Aid, Career Services and academic programs available to answer questions and get you started (or finished!) on the enrollment process.
- Campus tours available from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Open placement testing from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- New Student Advising & Registration Sessions (RSVP required)
Questions? Call 309-796-5341 or email email@example.com.
Discovery Day (Quad-Cities Campus)
June 15, 2017
10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Looking for something to do this summer? Come and discover Black Hawk College!
- Campus Tours
- New Student Advising & Registration Sessions
- Placement testing
- Meet with an advisor to discuss your options
Last updated 01/11/2017
Where are my classrooms?
Need help locating your classrooms before classes start? We will help you find them on the following days. We will meet outside the East Campus Bookstore at the tour start times.
Individual campus tours are offered Monday thru Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Please note that your requested date and time are not confirmed until you receive a verification notice from our Recruiter.
Register for a East Campus tour here.
Tuesday, February 27, 2017
Fall Agriculture Visit Day (East Campus)
Friday, Nov. 4, 2016
East Campus showcases its agriculture, auto mechanics, veterinary and equine programs. There will be a tour of campus, a chance to meet faculty, students and alumni, break-out sessions, hands-on activities for each area of interest, and lunch. Call 309-854-1724 for more information.
Reservations are now closed for this event. If you would like to visit campus, please register for an individual tour.
October 18-21, 2016
BHC East Campus is a promoter of the National FFA Organization and its dedication to changing student lives. Visit our booth to learn how you can build on your learned skills. Leadership, public speaking, responsibility, dependability and time management are tools learned through the FFA, and we are excited each fall to meet new faces!
Find Your Career at Black Hawk College
Learn about the variety of programs offered at the college’s Community Education Center in downtown Kewanee. Get information on programs such as:
- Medical programs — CNA, Medical Billing, Medical Coding, Medical Assisting, prerequisites for Practical Nursing (LPN) and Associate Degree Nursing (RN) programs.
- Basic Nurse Assistant Training Program (CNA) for high school students.
- Welding at the new Welding and Skilled Trades Center.
- Auto mechanics and ag mechanics at the East Campus.
- College-credit classes conveniently offered at the Community Education Center or next door at the Welding and Skilled Trades Center.
- Associate degree programs that transfer to four-year colleges and universities.
- Continuing Education programs like phlebotomy and computers.
- GED preparation courses at no cost to the student.
FYI Night (East Campus)
If you’re thinking about college but don’t know where to start, FYI Night is for you. Stop by to learn about college vocabulary, paying for college, registering for classes, and career options.