Advising Hours and Location
Advising is located in the First Stop Center on the first floor of Building One.
Monday and Tuesday – 7:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. (advisor availability starts at 8:30 a.m.)
Wednesday, Thursday and Friday – 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. (advisor availability starts at 8:30 a.m.)
Advisors are unavailable Thursdays from 1:30-3 p.m.
Current and Returning Students are encouraged to schedule an advising appointment. Advisors are available for walk-in advising Monday through Friday; however, appointments are strongly recommended.
Schedule your appointment now:
During the first week of priority registration, advisors are available on a walk-in basis only. Appointments will resume on Monday, November 10.
• Online through your myBlackHawk account, or
• Call 309-796-5100, or
• Contact a specific advisor listed below according to whether you are following a career program or a transfer program.
Career Program certificates and associate of applied science degrees are designed to prepare students with the necessary knowledge and skills to enter a particular occupation.Career programs include:
- Business and Office Technology
- Child Development
- Computer Technology
- Nursing and Allied Health
- Trade and Technical including Materials Science Technology, Sustainable Energy, Engineering Technology, Welding, Law Enforcement Technology, Logistics and Warehousing, and Apprenticeships.
Transfer Programs are two-year courses of study designed to prepare students to transfer to four-year colleges or universities offering bachelor’s degrees.
Transfer students may qualify for TRIO Student Support Services.
Advising Questions or Concerns?
While advisors can address many of your questions and concerns, feel free to contact Darcie Stearns, Director of Advising Services at 309-796-5100 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Appointment Days: Monday and Thursday
Last updated 10/31/2014