Advising hours and location
Advising is located in the First Stop Center on the first floor of Building 1.
- Monday and Tuesday – 7:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. (advisor availability starts at 8:30 a.m.)
- Wednesday, Thursday and Friday – 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. (advisor availability starts at 8:30 a.m.)
Advisors are unavailable Thursdays from 1:30-3 p.m.
Current and returning students are encouraged to schedule an advising appointment. Advisors are available for walk-in advising Monday through Friday; however, appointments are strongly recommended.
Schedule a future appointment
There are three ways you can make an appointment:
- Online through your myBlackHawk account.
- By calling 309-796-5100.
- By contacting a specific advisor listed below according to whether you are following a career program or a transfer program.
Career program certificates and associate of applied science degrees are designed to prepare students with the necessary knowledge and skills to enter a particular occupation.Career programs include:
- Business and Office Technology
- Child Development
- Computer Technology
- Nursing and Allied Health
- Trade and Technical including Materials Science Technology, Sustainable Energy, Engineering Technology, Welding, Law Enforcement Technology, Logistics and Warehousing, and Apprenticeships.
Transfer programs are two-year courses of study designed to prepare students to transfer to four-year colleges or universities offering bachelor’s degrees.
Transfer students may qualify for TRIO Student Support Services.
Advising questions or concerns?
While advisors can address many of your questions and concerns, feel free to contact Darcie Stearns, Director of Advising Services, at 309-796-5100 or email@example.com.
Appointment days: Monday and Thursday
Last updated 1/22/2014