Last updated 5-11-2011
Must I apply to Black College before signing up for an online course?
Enrolling at Black Hawk College usually involves six steps.
- Apply for Admission. This must happen first.
- Checkout financing options, if desired.
- Take placement tests in math, writing and reading; some courses require these test scores to determine which level of class to take.
- Participate in “Orientation to Black Hawk College”.
- See an advisor for assistance in selecting courses that meet your goals.
- Register and pay for classes during the open enrollment periods.
Click here for more information about the six steps listed above.
The Advising Center staff is available to help you explore personal or academic goals and their relationship to specific degrees, certificates and courses at Black Hawk College. View frequently-asked advising questions by clicking here. You can also ask specific questions or request an advising appointment by e-mailing the Advising staff at email@example.com.
Next: Technical Requirements