Jon-Luc at Disney

Hey! This is Jon-Luc! I’ll be talking about my time I spent at Black Hawk College and my duration here at Disney World! I went to BHC from Fall 2011 to Spring 2014 and my major was Elementary Education. The teachers are absolutely awesome and the classes definitely gave me the skills it took to get my Associate’s Degree. When I first heard about the Disney internship, I thought to myself “There is no way I can afford this” but something this past semester told me to go for it. So I did. I applied on February 21 and I got accepted March 12. My role is Custodial (top role) at Magic Kingdom (top choice of work). I live at Patterson Court with 5 roommates. It was hard adjusting at first because it’s so different here versus the Quad-Cities. It definitely rains more than back home. Disney goes by a standard of work called the Four Keys: Safety, Courtesy, Show, and Efficiency (in the order of importance). Without all 4 keys, Disney wouldn’t be what it is today. My experience, so far, has given me a wonderful first hand experience of what I will need when I become a teacher. Every night I see Wishes (the fireworks spectacular at MK) and it seems like it’s the first time I have ever seen them. I enjoy making guests smile and showing them how to get to Space Mountain or where to buy a turkey leg (which is only at one place at MK and that’s at Frontierland). I think I was meant to do this program because my mom’s side of the family all worked for Disney at Grand Floridian Resort and Fort Wilderness Resort. I can’t wait to see what else Disney has to offer me!