Black Hawk College East Campus recently honored 20 students at the 31st annual Founders’ Scholars Awards Reception.
The event is named after the founders of East Campus – Dr. Glenn Case, James Golby, Gust Lundberg, Ted Vlahos and Robert White. Current members of the college’s Liberal Arts and Science Department presented the awards.
Students receiving the award for academic excellence must have a minimum 3.75 grade point average and have completed 30 hours of coursework (through the fall semester) in anticipation of receiving an associate of arts or associate of science degree at commencement in May.
In addition to this year’s honorees, invited guests included Founders’ Scholars honored from 2011-2014. A large plaque listing all of the past honorees is located on the wall across from the Welcome Center at the East Campus.
The 2015 Founders’ Scholars inductees and their hometowns are listed below. All towns are in Illinois unless otherwise noted.
- Atkinson – Isabella Frisk
- Bradford – Samantha Peterson
- Columbia City, Ind. – Colton Geiger
- Delavan – Hope Kensinger
- Dixon – Rachel Hill
- Galva – Nicola Cone, Taylor Newman
- Kewanee – Carlos Bretado, Madison Costenson-Segura, Melissa Hill, Jessica Lewis, McKenna Walters
- Maple Park – Marissa Chapa
- New Windsor – Stephanie Adams
- Noblesville, Ind. – Shelby Riley
- Pierceton, Ind. – Jamie Wall
- Princeville – Kathleen Reay, Savannah Speckhart
- St. David – Brianna Hobbs
- Toulon – Corinna Wyant
Last updated 5/28/2015