1. What does the term “GED” stand for?
a. General Equivalency Diploma
b. General Educational Development
c. Greater Education Diploma
2. What subjects make up the GED tests?
3. What types of classes make up Adult Education?
4. How many Illinois Community College Board (ICCB) Adult Education programs are there in Illinois?
a. 35 programs
b. 91 programs
c. 200 programs
5. What is the Early School Leaver Transition (ESLTP) Program?
7. Black Hawk College Adult Education program has classes at how many sites?
8. Why was the GED developed?
a. In 1980, President Jimmy Carter worked with the U.S. Department of Education to create an alternative credential to address the high number of high school dropouts.
b. The United States wanted to compete academically with other countries.
c. The GED tests began in 1942 with the development of a battery of tests for the U.S. military personnel who had not completed their high school studies.
9. How many students are served annually in the Black Hawk College Adult Education classes?
10. What is the LIFE Program?
11. How many years has Black Hawk College offered Adult Education classes?
a. 20 years
b. 35 years
c. 44 years