The Quad-Cities Campus fields six teams – men’s baseball, men’s and women’s basketball, men’s golf, women’s softball and women’s volleyball.
Quad-Cities Campus Athletic Department:
- Spring 2014 – Student-athletes earned 1,175 credits with an overall 2.96 grade point average for all six teams.
- Fall 2013 – Student-athletes earned 1,263 credits with an overall 3.02 grade point average for all six teams.
Softball players earned two semesters of the highest team GPA with a 3.55 in Fall 2013 and 3.41 in Spring 2014. Kassi Anderson (Geneseo HS) and Jordan Marshall (Galesburg HS) were Academic All-Americans with GPAs higher than 3.60. Softball was an NJCAA All-Academic Team-of-the-Year with their cumulative GPA being more than 3.0.
For the softball program, 2014 was the 16th Arrowhead Conference title and 9th Region IV title. Players earned their 9th national berth and placing 5th in the Division II NJCAA championship in Clinton, Miss. The team finished its season with an overall record of 31-13 and 17-3 in the Arrowhead Conference. Coach Carrie Calderon also earned her 700th team win early in the season.
Softball players received several awards for their excellent plays on the field. Miranda Marion (Moline HS), Brooke Posey (Central DeWitt HS), Jordan Marshall and Kassi Anderson were voted to the Arrowhead All-Conference Team with Brooke Posey and Jordan Marshall being MVPs. The Region IV All-Tournament team included Kassi Anderson, Miranda Marion and Brooke Posey. At the National Tournament, pitcher Brooke Posey was named to the All-Tournament Team along with designated hitter Lecy Waldbusser (Moline HS). Miranda Marion received the 2014 Marucci Elite Hitter Award. Brooke Posey and Kassi Anderson were selected for the 2014 NJCAA Softball Division II All-American 2nd Team.
- 19th Region IV victory for men’s golf.
- 30th Arrowhead Conference victory for men’s golf.
- Finished 4th in the NJCAA National Golf Tournament (highest place since 5th place in 2013).
- Kyle Workman (Fulton HS) finished in 5th place individually which is the highest individual golfer from Black Hawk College has ever finished, while Josh Bousman (Clinton HS) finished 24th, Chad Nitz (Rockridge HS) was 28th, Kelby Rescinto (Galesburg HS) was 58th and Nick Atwell (Bettendorf HS) was 105th. Kyle Workman was named as a First Team All-American and Josh Bousman was named on the All-American Honorable Mention.
This was the 24th Arrowhead Conference victory for men’s baseball. Coach Arnie Chavera’s teams have won eight of the last 10 years. Three baseball players earned spots on the 2014 NJCAA Division II All North Central District/Region IV First Team, and one player was honored as a selection on the Rawlings Gold Glove Team. Cody Smith (Canton HS) was named 2014 Division II All North Central District/Region IV Player of the Year and also Brinn Bell (Rock Island HS) and John Boidanis (Glenbrook North HS) were on the first team. The baseball players earned a 3.17 overall GPA for the spring semester and also are an NJCAA All-Academic Team of the Year.
Last updated 6/6/2014