Last updated 11/19/2013
Dr. Thomas Baynum, president of Black Hawk College, will be one of the speakers at the 17th Congressional District Economic Summit, which will be from 10 a.m. to noon Friday, Nov. 22 at Augustana College in Rock Island.
This summit will build off of the three recent regional economic meetings which brought together community leaders from a range of sectors and industries to discuss innovative strategies to reduce unemployment and create jobs.
This event will be open to the public and press, and seating is limited. Please click here to RSVP.
For questions, please contact Kerry Myers via e-mail at Kerry.email@example.com or by phone at 309-786-3406.
Speakers, moderators and panelists
– Congresswoman Cheri Bustos, U.S. House of Representatives
– Steven Bahls, President, Augustana College
– Adam Pollet, Director, Illinois Department of Commerce & Economic Opportunity
– Dr. Lawrence Schook, Vice President for Research, University of Illinois
– Dr. Thomas Baynum, President, Black Hawk College
– Tara Barney, CEO, Quad Cities Chamber of Commerce
– Jeffrey Kaney, CEO, Kaney Group, LLC
– Shannon Duncan, Planning Coordinator, Western Illinois Regional Council