Instructor: K. Dick
Prerequisite: Age 18 and GED or high school diploma.
As a dental receptionist you are responsible for the communications and image of a dental office. Emphasis is placed on interpersonal and skill development in administrative functions.
Topics will include:
• Dental office terminology, dental disease, prevention and oral health
• Your role as a receptionist
• Duties, responsibilities, greetings, telephone and e-mail correspondence
• Patient scheduling
• Privacy regulations
• Role playing with students
• Creating a patient records and identify tooth location
• Health history
• Patient charting with computers
• Focus on the business side of practice, financial security of practice and maintenance
• Focus on roles specific to dentists, dental hygienist, technicians and dental assistants
• Products and techniques used in the dental world
• Preparing for the interview in a dental office and projecting a professional image
• Visit a facility, job shadow, take a tour, and meet members of the staff
Required textbook must be purchased at the Hawk’s Hub (the college bookstore) prior to first class.
6 Tuesdays Jan. 27-Mar. 3 6-7:30 p.m.
CRN 11569 Outreach-Rm. 408 Tuition Fee $125
BHC Hawk’s Hub (bookstore) information
For a list of PaCE books, visit Quad-Cities Campus Hawk’s Hub. Select the current term. Select “Adult Ed” for the department and then select your course. Click “Add Course” and then “Get Course Materials” to see the book(s) for your course. Books may be purchased online or at the bookstore.