Instructor: K. Dick
Prerequisite: Age 18 and GED or high school diploma.
As a dental receptionist you are responsible for the communications and image of a dental office. Emphasis is placed on interpersonal and skill development in administrative functions.
Topics will include:
• Dental office terminology, dental disease, prevention and oral health
• Your role as a receptionist
• Duties, responsibilities, greetings, telephone and e-mail correspondence
• Patient scheduling
• Privacy regulations
• Role playing with students
• Creating a patient records and identify tooth location
• Health history
• Patient charting with computers
• Focus on the business side of practice, financial security of practice and maintenance
• Focus on roles specific to dentists, dental hygienist, technicians and dental assistants
• Products and techniques used in the dental world
• Preparing for the interview in a dental office and projecting a professional image
• Visit a facility, job shadow, take a tour, and meet members of the staff
Required textbook must be purchased at the Hawk’s Hub (the college bookstore) prior to first class.
6 Tuesdays Sept. 9 – Oct. 14 6:00 – 8:00 p.m.
CRN 81776 Outreach – Rm. 204 Tuition Fee $185
BHC Hawk’s Hub (bookstore) information
For a list of PaCE books, visit the Quad-Cities Hawk’s Hub page.
Click on “Order/View Textbooks”. Select Term (Fall 14). Select Department (Adult Ed). Books may be purchased online or at the bookstore.
Last updated 6/27/2014