Last updated 1/8/2014
80 hours Fee: $450
Our on-line program is designed for those who have a solid knowledge in the building trades and are looking for a convenient and affordable way to meet the mandatory requirements of the State of Illinois. Our on-line program contains the classroom only requirements, but you will also need to attend the field training portion of this class in order to be allowed to sit for the state exam. You will have the option of attending one of our live field training classes at no additional cost, or you can participate in five one-on-one inspections to receive private coaching for an additional fee. The private coaching fee is $250 (usually $50 per inspection).
This is a self paced class which requires reading from the assigned book which is included in the fee. You’ll also be building a home inspection report as you travel through the program. In addition, each section has a quiz to confirm that you have the knowledge to proceed. These quizzes can be taken from your home. The final exam is a proctored exam. We will assist you in finding a proctor to witness you taking this exam. You will have full access to the instructors during, and after the classes as support while you build your business.
You will have 200 days to complete this class.
Once you complete all the requirements for this program, you will be allowed to take the State of Illinois Home Inspector Exam. After successful completion of the state exam, and after you mail in your application and fees, you will be a Licensed Home Inspector in the State of Illinois.
Essentials of Home Inspection: Home Reference Book
Table of Contents:
- Cooling/Heat Pumps
On-line Class Benefits Include:
- All classes are self paced
- Pricing is reasonable
- One year subscription to MyReportWriter.com for your home inspection reports
- Free website creation and one year domain registration using Inspectorsites.com
- Six months free web site hosting using Inspectorsites.com
- There are several tests to secure your knowledge
- You will be completing actual home inspections either during one of our inspection lab days or one-on-one with our approved field trainers
- Course is in cooperation with The Bellman Group, Inc
- Instructors will be available for consulting via email or phone at no additional charge
For more information to register call 309-796-8223.