Last updated 3/18/2014
Associate in Science Code 1531
Darryl Beckett, 309-796-5239, firstname.lastname@example.org
Graduates of the doctor of chiropractic program may choose to establish a private practice or they may choose to associate with another doctor in an established practice.
Entrance requirements for admission to Palmer College of Chiropractic (effective Fall semester 2001) are as follows:
- Completion of 90 semester credit hours. It is recommended that 60 of these hours be completed at the 100 and 200 level, while at least 30 hours should come from 300 or 400 (junior or senior) level courses. Courses in science and communications are recommended for the 300 or 400 level.
- A grade of “C” or better is required in all prerequisite courses.
- A minimum grade point average of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale is required for the prerequisite courses.
- A minimum of 48 of the 60 semester hours at the 100 and 200-level must be completed as listed below in the prerequisites for admission.
- Consult with the BHC pre-chiropractic advisor to develop an appropriate course of study that will meet all course, application, and admission requirements.
Prerequisite Courses for Admission
A minimum of two semesters or the equivalent of one academic year in each science subject.
Biology (with lab) Hours (Credit Hours)
BIOL 145 — Anatomy/Physiology I (4)
BIOL 146 — Anatomy/Physiology II (4)
Inorganic Chemistry (with lab) (Credit Hours)
CHEM 101 — General Chemistry I (4)
CHEM 102 — General Chemistry II (4)
Organic Chemistry (with lab) (Credit Hours)
CHEM 203 — Organic Chemistry I (5)
CHEM 204 — Organic Chemistry II (5)
Physics (with lab) (Credit Hours)
PHYS 101 — College Physics I (4-5)
PHYS 102 — College Physics II (5)
OR (Credit Hours)
PHYS 201 — General Physics (5)
PHYS 202 — General Physics (5)
* Survey courses are not recommended in the sciences.
Psychology (minimum 3 credit hours)
Any college level course in psychology.
Communication and/or Language Skills (minimum 6 credit hours or more)
Eng 101 — Composition I (3)
Eng 102 — Composition II (3)
Speech elective (any SPEC course) (3)
Social Science and Humanities (minimum 15 semester hours) The Social Sciences and Humanities Departments include course offerings in the following fields. This list does not include math, science, business, computer, engineering or physical education fields.
ANTH, ECON, GEOG (select 105 only), HIST, POLS, PSYC, SOC
ART (theory or applied), ENG (literature), Foreign Languages, HIST, MUSC (theory or applied), PHIL, THEA
Note: Students desiring to complete an Associate in Science degree in the pre-chiropractic curriculum must be certain that their course program includes 6 hours of Mathematics, 9 hours of Humanities and Fine Arts general education electives, 9 hours of Social Science general education electives, 3 hours in Non-Western Studies, and 2 courses (7-8 hours including one laboratory course) of Physical and Life Sciences, with one course from Life Sciences and one course from Physical Sciences, as well as those courses specified by Palmer College.